This section contains a list of some of the questions we get on a regular basis.
If there is something else that you find difficult to locate, let us know and we
can add it to our list of frequently asked questions.
See the section below Contact Your County Tax Officials
to find out which local tax official to contact about your property tax bill, assessment
Correspondence Questions and Answers
To find out more about the responsibilities of the Georgia Local Government Services
Division and who to contact for more information, click the link below to one of
the division sections:
Contact Your County Tax Officials
We have helpful information on this website about the following topics (among others)
in our Property Tax Guide for the Georgia Taxpayer.
If your questions are not answered in the tax guide, then the best source of information
about ad valorem taxation is the Tax Commissioner or Board of Tax Assessors in your
- Paying Your Property Tax Bill If you have questions about paying your property tax bill you should contact the
Tax Commissioner in your county.
- Appealing Your Property Tax Assessment For information about appealing your property tax assessment you should contact the Board of Tax Assessors in your county.
- Applying for Homestead Exemption To find out more about applying
for homestead exemption you should contact the Tax Commissioner or the Board
of Tax Assessors in your county. Click here
for more information on which tax official to contact.
- Paying Taxes on Your Motor Vehicle You should contact the
Tax Commissioner in your county for information on paying ad valorem taxes on
your motor vehicle.
- Researching Property Values In most counties you must to go to the Board of Tax Assessors' office in your county
to look up property values, but for your convenience, we have a
list of most of the counties that have property records online.
Related Links to Topics in Other Divisions
Back to LGS Home