- I cannot pay the amount I owe in full. Do I have any other payment options?
You have the option of requesting an Installment Payment Agreement or submitting
an Offer in Compromise. You may access information about both options at
Installment Payment Agreement for Individual.
- What should I do if the IRS changes my federal return?
When an adjustment to your federal return changes your net income, you must file
an amended Georgia return (Form
500X) within 180 days. If you fail to file an amended return, the Department
will create an assessment based on the available information within five years from
the date of receiving notification from the IRS.
- Why did I receive a Return Comparison Notice?
A Return Comparison Notice indicates that a change was made to your return. The
notice includes a comparison of the calculations on the return as filed and those
made during processing. You may contact the
Taxpayer Services Division for information or to submit a protest if you
disagree with the changes listed on the notice.
- How can I obtain documentation indicating the resolution of a tax lien?
You may contact the Compliance Division
to request documentation indicating that a tax lien was paid in full or withdrawn.
- How can I have a tax lien removed from my credit report?
The Department of Revenue does not provide tax lien information to credit bureaus,
nor do we govern the information listed on credit reports. You must contact the
credit reporting agencies for their guidelines concerning your credit file.